Laser Vulvar Lightening
The vulva, or outer lips of the vagina, naturally contain pigment. With hormonal changes and the process of aging, the skin of the vulva can darken. For some women this can be bothersome and impede confidence. Dr. Lovett uses the CO2 laser to help address vulvar pigmentation concerns.
How Laser Vulvar Lightening Works
We use a combination treatment approach for laser vulvar bleaching that involves lasers and customized skin whitening creams to help achieve the lighter shade that you desire. We perform this treatment on all intimate areas that may have been darkened with life changes, including the vulva and peri-anal area, promoting you to feel empowered and confident.
Laser Vulvar Lightening Pre- and Post- Treatment Instructions
Before Your Treatment
- Ideally, remove all hair from the vulva; laser or shaving is best. Avoid depilatory creams.
- You may take a pain medication (Advil or Tylenol) prior to your arrival. A local anesthetic will be applied to the treatment area.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. AVOID wearing a thong.
- If you are on your period your treatment will have to be rescheduled.
After Your Treatment
- AVOID intercourse for 48 hours following treatment.
- You may experience mild spotting or bleeding.
- You may resume sports activities and sex 3-4 days following treatment.
- Final results may take more than 6 months to appear.