Vaginal botox is a treatment for women who suffer from painful intercourse secondary to vaginismus (involuntary tightening of the muscles of the vagina). Botox can be injected to help relax the muscles and allow for comfortable intimacy.
Vaginal Botox Pre- and Post- Treatment Instructions
Before Your Treatment
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and underwear. No thongs.
- If you are on your period your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- You may take a pain medication (Advil/Tylenol) prior to your arrival if you wish.
After Your Treatment
- You may experience some mild spotting or bleeding.
- Refrain from intercourse for 48 hours following treatment.