Yazdani Aesthetics offers vaginal PRP to help treat a variety of concerns. This procedure is a great option for treating vaginal dryness due to menopause or hormonal changes. It can also be used to enhance orgasm and treat mild stress urinary incontinence. Women who suffer from Lichen Sclerosis, a chronic skin condition affecting the labia majora, can also benefit from the restorative actions of PRP.
How Vaginal PRP Works
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments take advantage of the body’s natural healing and regenerative properties. A small amount of the patient’s blood will be collected and centrifuged to separate the plasma. This plasma, which contains growth factors that trigger cell proliferation and promote tissue healing, is collected and used for the PRP treatment. Using a very thin needle, the patient’s plasma will be injected into the vagina to accomplish its restorative effects.
This serum can also be used in conjunction with vaginal or vulvar laser therapy to promote optimal lubrication, fullness and sensitivity.
Vaginal PRP Pre- and Post- Treatment Instructions
Before Your Treatment
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and underwear. No thongs.
- If you are on your period your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- You may take a pain medication (Advil/Tylenol) prior to your arrival if you wish.
After Your Treatment
- You may experience some mild spotting or bleeding.
- Refrain from intercourse for 48 hours following treatment.