Sciton’s BroadBand Light (BBL) is the world’s most powerful intense pulsed light (IPL) device on the market. Its broad range of wavelengths allow us to perform targeted treatments for a variety of skin conditions, with fewer treatments than other IPL systems.
How BBL Works
In treatments, our BBL uses photothermal energy to gently heat the upper layers of the skin, stimulating the regeneration of cells. The selective heating can be adjusted with broad-spectrum visible and infrared light.
Our BBL can be used for treating acne, pigmented lesions such as sun spots or freckles, vascular lesions such as cherry angiomas, rosacea or visible blood vessels (telangiectasias), and more!
Forever Young BBL
Why choose BBL to maintain a rejuvenated appearance?
- This treatment aims to correct sun damage while simultaneously preventing the signs of aging.
- Non-invasive, BBL is delivered to the skin’s epidermis and dermis, stimulating changes in skin texture, tone, elasticity and pigmentation.
Forever Clear BBL
Why choose our BBL to clear away active acne and address scars?
Our Forever Clear BBL procedure can be effective in treating acne for both adult and teens. It can also address acne on almost all body parts, including the most common areas of concern such as the face, neck and back.
- Blue light from this procedure attacks and destroys the acne-causing bacteria.
- Yellow light then aims to reduce active inflammation from acne, prevent new breakouts from occurring and reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Infra-red light in rapid, gentle pulses can initiate the body’s natural healing process and enhance the benefits from the blue and yellow light.
Why BBL for Redness and Vascular Concerns
Our BBL can correct for redness, rosacea, visible blood vessels and cherry angiomas:
- Optimally targets and eliminates the fine vessels that cause skin redness.
- Encourages a more even tone for healthier and more vibrant appearance.
To reduce any discomfort experienced with treatment, our BBL employs CoolComfortTM Technology. The device has an integrated thermoelectric monitoring system to sense and precisely maintain temperatures from 0℃ – 30℃. Many of these skin concerns are temperature-sensitive, so not only does your provider’s ability to control the temperature at the skin promote safety for our patients, but it also optimizes our results.
This device’s advanced technology delivers energy uniformly to the treatment area. This eliminates hot or cold spots so that treatments are consistent and so are the outcomes.
Sciton provides advanced lasers and light sources for treating a variety of aesthetic concerns. Other Sciton devices we use at our clinic include the Halo, Contour TRL, and ProFractional lasers for skin resurfacing.