How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
Soft tissue fillers are a minimally invasive, injectable treatment option that can help restore lost volume in the face and create a rejuvenated appearance. As we age, we naturally experience volume loss and thinning, which consequently leads to more hollow and deep-appearing features. This ultimately creates shadowed areas that people may perceive as signs of ageing and a loss of energy.
Some fillers, such as Juvederm and Restylane, are made from hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally produced by your body and found in soft connective tissues, cartilage and joint and eye fluids. These fillers are injected precisely to gently restore the lost volume, support facial tissues, and pull moisture to the upper layers of your skin. Dermal fillers can effectively achieve a balanced and youthful definition of the face.
Dermal Filler Options
Filler selection, placement and technique make all the difference in the results you see. At Yazdani Aesthetics, we offer an impressive range of dermal fillers to fill, augment and contour your face. In our capable hands, you will have access to:
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers mimic some facelift effects without the high cost or long recovery periods that are associated with surgery. We can accomplish a wide range of facial rejuvenation benefits with fillers such as:
- Restoration of the youthful “triangle” to your facial shape
- Restoration of youthful fullness to your cheeks, lips, mouth area and chin
- Improvement in facial symmetry
- Restoration of volume to the hollows under your eyes
- Lift drooping corners of your mouth
- Correction of a gummy smile
- Fill nasolabial folds and contour your jawline or chin
- Lift the droop of your nose, and smooth out nasal profile
- Rejuvenation of depleted, tired-looking hands
- Smooth out lines, wrinkles, and the overall skin surface
Dermal Fillers Pre- & Post-treatment instructions
Before Your Treatment
- 3 days before treatment: AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated
- 7 days before treatment (to prevent bruising): AVOID blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen and Aleve. Please note: If you have cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping the use of Aspirin.
- 7 days before treatment (to prevent bruising): AVOID herbal supplements such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort and Omega-3 capsules.
- AVOID dental work (including standard teeth cleaning) at least 2 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment. AVOID oral surgery at least 4 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before or after your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- Do not use dermal fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform us if you have any questions about this prior to treatment.
- Inform your provider if you have a history of perioral herpes (cold sores) to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
Day of Treatment
- Report any changes in health to your provider.
- You may wish to bring your own makeup to apply after your treatment.
- To maximize your comfort during the procedure a topical anesthetic may be applied.
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or a stinging sensation following injection.
- To ensure a smooth and even correction, we may massage the area(s) treated, which may cause a temporary, minimal amount of redness to your skin.
- Redness and swelling are normal; bruising may also be visible.
Immediately After Treatment
- Tenderness at the treatment site may last for a few hours or days.
- Depending upon the area(s) treated and products used, you may feel “firmness” or see bruising in the treated area(s) for 1-2 weeks following treatment. Over time, this will soften and settle.
- You may apply an ice or cold gel pack (avoiding pressure) to the treated area(s) to reduce swelling and potential bruising.
- AVOID placing excessive pressure on the treated area(s) for the first few hours and up to 2-3 days. When cleansing your face or applying makeup, be very gentle. Sleep on your back for the first 1-2 nights after treatment to avoid pressure on the face.
- You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately following treatment. AVOID exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the treatment day.
- If you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort you may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Be sure to apply an SPF 30 or higher.
- Wait a minimum of 4 weeks (or as directed by your provider) before receiving any skincare or laser treatments.
Volite Skin Treatment
This injectable treatment can help increase and improve hydration in the skin for up to 9 months. If you are looking to improve the appearance of fine lines, even out skin depressions and enhance the overall texture of the skin, this could benefit you.
This treatment involves specific and innovative injection placement of hyaluronic acid gel. The Volite is injected into the middle layers of the dermis of the skin, working to improve moisture and nourishment from the inside out. Applicable treatment areas include the face, neck, decolletage, and back of the hands.