Laser Tattoo Removal
Did you know that 20% of people with tattoos regret getting them? Tattoos do not have to mean forever.
Laser tattoo removal is a great option for those wishing to completely remove, partially remove, or just lighten tattoos. Whatever your reason may be for removing your tattoo, let our expert laser technician develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
About Our Laser
At Yazdani Aesthetics, our PicoSure® laser utilizes the most advanced technology on the market for tattoo removal. Using ultra-short pulses (one trillionth of a second in length), it hits the ink particle with a pressure so intense, the ink shatters into tiny dust-like particles. Because the particles are so small, they are more readily absorbed and eliminated by the body. This means better clearance of the tattoo and fewer treatments overall.*
Our PicoSure® laser takes advantage of three different wavelengths, enabling it to target all different ink colours, including reds, yellows and oranges which are known to be most stubborn to remove. Additionally, our expert technician can tailor treatments by using variable spot sizes to remove your tattoo with precision and accuracy.
Radiation Tattoo Removal
The memory of cancer treatments will never be forgotten, but we can help erase the visible reminder. Radiation tattoos can be removed* with our PicoSure® laser faster and easier than other tattoo removal methods. We offer this service complimentary to cancer survivors at any time of the year. Please contact our office to inquire.
*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.
Just as each tattoo is its own unique entity, the removal treatment process will slightly vary for each individual. The treatment length, number of treatments required, cost and appearance of progress will differ for each patient. Factors such as tattoo size, location, the volume of ink, colours and type of ink used will all influence your treatment plan.
Our expert laser technician will assess your tattoo, along with your unique skin and treatment goals, to give you a better idea of what will be involved in your tattoo removal journey.
Laser Tattoo Removal Pre- and Post- Treatment Instructions
Before Your Treatment
- No sun exposure, tanning beds, and sunless tanning cream for 4 weeks prior to treatment. Sun exposure decreases the effectiveness of laser treatment and can increase the chance of post-treatment complications.
- Use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 40 or higher. Apply to the treated area every 2 hours when exposed to the sun.
- Remove all makeup, creams or oils on the treatment area prior to your appointment.
- Cleanse the treated area at least daily with water and a mild soap, then pat the area dry.
- Do not rub or scratch the treated area.
- Apply Aquaphor ointment to the area 2-3 times a day.
- It is normal to experience crusting, scabbing and/or blistering around the treated area. It is important that you do not shave or pick the area; keep it moist and let it resolve on its own.
- Apply a non-stick pad over the treated tattoo until it is healed.
- You may experience some discomfort following your treatment. This can be relieved by using cold gel packs and/or by taking acetaminophen/Tylenol.
- Avoid sun exposure to the treated area. Use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with SPF 40 or higher. Apply to the treated area every 2 hours when exposed to the sun.
- Avoid contact sports or any other activity that could cause injury of the treated area.
- Avoid swimming, soaking or using hot tubs/whirlpools until the skin has fully healed.
- You may wish to wear comfortable, soft clothing that will not irritate the treated area.
- Contact your provider if there is any indication of infection (redness, tenderness, or puss).