Laser Treatments for Pigmentation
Light energy procedures utilize revolutionary technology to rejuvenate skin on the face, neck, decolletage, hands and spots around the body. Our devices can effectively reduce pigmentation such as sunspots and age spots.
At Yazdani Aesthetics, our PicoSure® laser utilizes the most advanced technology on the market for treating pigmentary conditions and overall skin revitalization. Our laser uses ultra-short pulses (one trillionth of a second in length). This effectively spares the skin from thermal damage while targeting the chromophore (the portion of a molecule responsible for colour) for greater results in fewer treatments.*
Our PicoSure® laser takes advantage of three different wavelengths, enabling it to optimally target melanin and treat a variety of pigmentary conditions. In addition, our laser technician can tailor the procedure by using variable spot sizes to personalize and perform your treatments with precision and accuracy.
*Individual results will vary.
About Our BroadBand Light Device
Our BroadBand Light (BBL) is the world’s most powerful intense pulsed light (IPL) device on the market. Its broad range of wavelengths allow us to perform targeted treatments for a variety of skin conditions, including pigmentation concerns, with fewer treatments than other IPL systems.*
The light energy delivered by BBL will gently heat the upper layers of your skin. The targeted areas will absorb this heat, stimulating new skin cells to regenerate. This process aims to restore skin to a more youthful state by promoting clearer, smoother and more vibrant tone.
*Individual results will vary.
Our laser technician will take the time to assess your skin, understand your goals, explain all treatment options, and develop a plan to help you best attain the results you desire. Treatment length, number of treatments required, cost and appearance of progress will differ for each patient. We take before and after photos to help document the changes to your skin over time. These important steps of education and communication are critical to ensuring that you are comfortable with all steps of the process and are satisfied with the end result.
Laser Pigmentation Treatment Pre- and Post- Procedure Instructions
Before Your Treatment
- No sun exposure, tanning beds, and sunless tanning cream for 4 weeks prior to treatment. Sun exposure decreases the effectiveness of laser treatment and can increase the chance of post-treatment complications.
- Use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 40 or higher. Apply to the treated area every 2 hours when exposed to the sun.
- Remove all makeup, creams or oils on the treatment area prior to your appointment.
- Cleanse the treated area at least daily with water and a mild soap, then pat the area dry.
- Do not rub or scratch the treated area.
- Apply moisturizer to the area 2-3 times a day.
- It is normal to experience crusting, scabbing and/or blistering around the treated area. It is important that you do not shave or pick the area; keep it moist and let it resolve on its own.
- You may experience some discomfort following your treatment. This can be relieved by using cold gel packs and/or by taking acetaminophen/Tylenol.
- Avoid sun exposure to the treated area. Use a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with SPF 40 or higher. Apply to the treated area every 2 hours when exposed to the sun.
- Avoid contact sports or any other activity that could cause injury of the treated area.
- Avoid swimming, soaking or using hot tubs/whirlpools until the skin has fully healed.
- You may wish to wear comfortable, soft clothing that will not irritate the treated area.
- Contact your provider if there is any indication of infection (redness, tenderness, or puss).