Laser Treatments for Skin Resurfacing
Over the years our skin naturally loses the smooth, vibrant appearance it once had. As fine lines, wrinkles and texture begin to appear, many people have concerns about looking aged or tired. At Yazdani Aesthetics we have several advanced lasers to help target these skin surface issues.
Ablative Skin Resurfacing
What Is An Ablative Laser?
Ablative lasers are sometimes referred to as wounding lasers. This is because they exert their effects by causing controlled and minor wounds, removing the epidermis (thin outer layer of skin), and heating the underlying layer (dermis) to stimulate the growth of collagen. As the epidermis recovers it heals itself and regrows. In time, the treated area appears smoother and tighter, creating more youthful qualities to the skin.
Benefits Of Ablative Skin Resurfacing
- Can treat more severe skin texture concerns and achieve the most dramatic clinical results
- Typically fewer, or only one treatment is required to achieve desired results, though individual cases will vary
- Can be performed as a one-time procedure using a deep approach, or as a multi-step fractionated approach, which will yield similar results but over more treatments
Limitations To Ablative Skin Resurfacing
- Ablative procedures are more aggressive by nature, and as a result, have a longer recovery period associated with them
- Deep resurfacing will result in wounds that can take 5-10 days to heal fully
Our Ablative Devices
Sciton’s erbium technology allows us to offer a number of different ablative options, including the Contour TRL™ and ProFractional™ laser treatments. Our providers can adjust the ablation and coagulation depth to tailor treatments and control the magnitude of benefits and downtime the patient will experience. With treatments ranging from shallow to deep, a variety of skin texture concerns can be addressed including fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots, pigmentation, skin tone and more. Click to learn more about our Contour TL™ and ProFractional™ devices.
Sciton’s HALO™ treatment is the world’s first Hybrid Fractional Laser. It delivers both non-ablative and ablative wavelengths at the same time to the treatment zone to promote ablative-like results with non-ablative-like downtime. Our HALO™ can help address skin texture concerns for all skin types on both the face and body. The revitalizing effects, including smoother, more even and brighter skin can be considered the “HALO Glow,” and it is one of the most popular resurfacing procedures we offer. Click here to learn more about this device.
Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing
What Is A Non-Ablative Laser?
Non-Ablative lasers stimulate collagen growth to improve skin texture and tone without wounding the skin.
Benefits Of Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing
- Non-ablative lasers gently enhance the skin by remodelling the uppermost, superficial layers of the tissue
- Fewer complications and side effects associated with treatment
- More rapid healing promotes a reduced recovery period following treatment
- Minimal to no downtime associated with these treatments
- Little to no pain associated with treatments, typically only require a topical numbing cream to offset any discomfort experienced during the procedure
Limitations To Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing
- Because these treatments are less invasive, they are most beneficial for only mild to moderate texture concerns
- May take multiple treatment sessions in order to achieve the desired outcome
Our Non-Ablative Devices
Cynosure’s PicoSure® laser is a non-ablative laser that works to stimulate collagen growth to help improve skin tone and texture without wounding the skin. With its specialized Focus™ lens, our laser technician can effectively address minor skin resurfacing concerns. The Focus™ lens creates a controlled, safe, high-intensity focused injury that leads to subsequent inflammatory response in the dermis, ultimately leading to the production of new collagen and elastin. Click here to learn more about this device.
Sciton’s BroadBand Light (BBL™) is the world’s most powerful IPL (intense pulsed light) device on the market. It sets new standards in treating skin conditions associated with aging and sun damage. The light energy delivered by BBL™ will gently heat the upper layers of your skin. The heat absorbed by the targeted areas will stimulate your skin cells to regenerate. This process aims to restore your skin to its natural beauty, making it clearer, smoother, vibrant and younger looking. Click here to learn more about this device.
Our Hollywood Carbon Facial is a combination therapy that can considerably benefit those seeking softer, smoother, and firmer skin. We first apply a liquid carbon layer to the skin in the treatment area. The carbon helps to absorb oil and impurities from the pores. Using light energy, our PicoSure® laser vaporizes and removes dead skin cells, contaminants and oil from the surface layers of the skin. Ultimately, the combination of carbon application and laser therapy can have rejuvenating, exfoliating, and oil-destroying effects.