Laser Treatments for Skin Resurfacing
Over the years our skin naturally loses the smooth, vibrant appearance it once had. As fine lines, wrinkles and texture begin to appear, many individuals face concerns about looking aged or tired. At Yazdani Aesthetics we offer advanced laser technology options to help target these skin surface issues.
PicoSure® Laser for Skin Resurfacing
If you are concerned about fine lines and overall skin texture, you may be a candidate for our PicoSure laser. PicoSure® skin resurfacing treatment can lead to skin that is smoother and appears rejuvenated.
For best aesthetic results, we recommend a series of 4 treatments spaced at 4 week intervals. Each individual is unique, and a consultation with our laser technician will best determine what your personalized treatment plan might look like.
How the PicoSure® Laser Works
The PicoSure® laser is a non-ablative laser. This means it stimulates collagen growth to help improve skin tone and texture without wounding the skin. It is less invasive and requires less recovery time than ablative laser treatments, however it addresses more minor skin resurfacing concerns.
Using the FocusTM lens, our laser technician can effectively address concerns regarding texture. The FocusTM lens creates a controlled, safe, high-intensity focused injury that leads to subsequent inflammatory response in the dermis, ultimately leading to the production of new collagen and elastin.
CO2 Laser for Skin Resurfacing
For more significant skin texture concerns we offer CO2 skin resurfacing. The CO2 laser is ablative. This means that it exerts its effects by causing controlled and minor wounds, removing the epidermis (thin outer layer of skin), and heating the underlying layer (dermis) to stimulate the growth of collagen. As the epidermis recovers it heals itself and regrows. In time, the treated area appears smoother and tighter, creating a rejuvenated glow.
This laser can be used as a one-time procedure using a deep approach, or as a multi-step fractionated approach, which will yield similar results but over more treatments.
Laser Resurfacing Treatment Pre- and Post- Procedure Instructions
Before Your Treatment
- Your provider may apply a topical anaesthetic to the treatment area to reduce pain and help encourage comfort throughout your procedure.
- Your skin will be cleansed to remove excess oil, dirt and bacteria prior to treatment.
After Your Treatment
- You should expect some down time following your procedure. Full healing usually occurs within 3-10 days for the PicoSure® laser. Recovery from CO2 laser may take some patients up to 3 weeks. Variation in healing time is dependent on the laser used, the size of the treatment area, and the depth of the treatment.
- Typically patients will experience redness and minor swelling following treatment.
- Some people may experience a burning sensation and a rash or bumps that appear following treatment.
- Each individual is different and a consultation appointment will help give you a better idea of what to expect following your treatment.